Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just another day in the Rain Forest

I have to honestly say that I am getting sick of the cold and the rain. It feels more like November than the end of April. I am really going to try to lose weight and so I am adding a journal of my weekly weight losses (hopefully not too many gains) to this sight. Your encouragement and advice are always appreciated.

My brother Matthew & his wife Shauna left today to go home to California. I will miss Shauna -- she is very grounded and funny. We've had a nice time and it was fun to play with the girls. Thanks for coming guys!

Miranda's lacrosse team is doing pretty well this year. Miranda has really set her place as Goal Keeper and she does a great job protecting the goal. It is fun to watch her play and she how well she has developed her game. Jordan is also playing lacrosse and really enjoying it. Cecilee is playing for the first time this year and is learning how to cradle the ball and scoop it up. She has a lot of enthusiasm for the game. I guess we are just a lacrosse family!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I am your very first official commentor. How official. So, I like the changes to your blog. It's awesome. Plus, you're my hero for posting your weight. I know people who weigh 10 pounds and lie and say they weigh 5. As for words of encouragment, I love you for who you are. You're amazing.

Kristin said...

Hi Ellen! I second what Shauna said. To post your weight is great! It means it's important to you. And losing 2 pounds a week is a HUGE deal. No pun intended. Jay did some quick math, and figures that to be about 100 lbs in a year! Give or take a lb a week. Keep at it!! It was great fun getting to know you guys. Sorry I missed you at the wedding!

My Adorable Children

My Adorable Children
Yes--this is an old picture!

Food for Thought -

To a child love is spelled T-I-M-E. *Remember that is the the time we spend with our families is always a good investment -- especially time spent teaching them and learning from them.